Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Question of the Day

Every morning in preschool Regan has to answer a question of the day. The other day the question was "How many sisters do you have?" The preschool teacher helping Regan was rather confused when Regan tried to put her name under the one. Regan tried to explain to her teacher that her sister was in heaven. Since Regan is a little difficult to understand, I'm not sure what the teacher understood. Luckily, I was still there and could explain. Regan has been begging for a sister for some time now. She was and still is continually praying for her sister to come down from heaven. She once told Clint that her baby sister was "growing right here" as she patted my stomach. In an effort to appease Regan, I offered her any one of my sisters that she wanted. (I have seven.) She quickly selected her favorites and I thought the sister in heaven would be forgotten. I was wrong. Regan tries to buy extra toys for her sister in heaven, sets aside treats for her, and will even bring me her outgrown clothes and tell me to save them for her sister in heaven. She will be a wonderful big sister, but what do I do if our next baby is a boy??

2 comments:

MnM said...

That is just so sweet. I guess you guys will have to keep trying until you have another girl!

Ryan and GeAnna said...

Hey, I found your blog, Regan is too cute! I am so glad that Caleb is not old enough to ask me to give him a brother or a sister yet.