Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Regan turns 4!

My family came for Regan's birthday. Regan had requested a "Strawberry Shortcake" theme for this particular party, but I ran out of creative energy and was just going to buy some Strawberry Shortcake toys to put on top of her cake. Apparently, Strawberry Shortcake is no longer popular enough for stores to carry the little figures, so after looking through Target and Walmart, I gave up and told Regan she could just have strawberries. Regan insisted on helping to decorate her cake. She wanted "fuchsia" frosting. (I wonder where that came from??) She had orginally put strawberries on the top of the cake, but from the time it was decorated until we ate it, they slid off. It still tasted delicious! My mom gave Regan a Diamond Castle Barbie that sings a song and flips her skirt around. So the song from the movie, "I feel connected...." is constantlybeing played and regularly running through my head! Regan absolutely loves her new Barbie and has been pestering my brother, who is staying with us for the summer, to get busy building her barbie house. She had a wonderful birthday, I can't believe my little girl is already four! She is growing up way too fast.

No comments: