Sunday, October 3, 2010

Keystone


Clint's annual conference was held at Keystone Resort again this year. I was debating about whether or not to go with him. First of all, a resort on the off season is rather boring. EVERYTHING is closed. And, second of all, the conference is always held during the week thus requiring me to pull Regan out of kindergarten. Since Clint started taking classes at night, the kids don't see him as much, and during the conference I knew he would be back to the condo by 5:00 each night. So, at the last minute, I decided to meet him up there. The kids were excited. They have fond memories of swimming and building fires from last year's conference and were looking forward to doing it again.

While Clint was learning all about special districts, I took the kids shopping at the outlets that were thankfully still open. Regan was looking for a pair of leggings. Apparently a girl in her class had worn them to school and Regan thought it was very cute. I love that she has her own sense of style! We scored at Osh Kosh. She was thrilled with her purchases which she quickly changed into once getting back to the condo. I got more comments than I could count about "having my hands full" when really, it was no big deal. Lila slept in her sling and Haden held my hand anytime we were crossing a road and was otherwise making such a loud siren sound that I could hear him no matter where he went in the store! The sales clerk at Pearl Izumi was clearly relieved when we left-Haden had rearranged several of her shelves. On a side note, one clerk asked if Regan and Haden were twins??? Really??? Apparently she didn't notice that Regan was a good head taller?

That night we walked around the lake, fed the ducks, went swimming and built several fires. We would unintentionally let them die, and then Haden would insist on building a new one. He's already a little pyro!
The kids had the best time rearranging all the couch cushions. They are getting very experienced at building their own "forts" when Clint isn't around to help them.
I was eavesdropping on Regan and Haden's conversation while they were dividing the pillows. Haden said something about needing a brother. I asked him what he would do with a brother and he said, "I would throw him in the garbage can!" I still am not quite sure if that was meant as a compliment. Haden LOVES his toy garbage can and frequently says he wants to be a garbageman when he grows up. Who knows what goes through that kid's head!

1 comment:

Mikey & Melissa said...

Looks like you guys are busy, busy. I hope things are going well with you. Lila is so beautiful. I need to meet her.