Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Force

Star Wars has been a popular subject at our house these days. Haden has thoroughly embraced all the characters and frequently pretends to be one or another. His favorites are Darth Vader and Yoda. He likes to use "the force" to do things like clean his room, pick up his toys, etc. At church today, he was looking at a book about Jesus. There was a picture of Jesus walking across the water. He asked how Jesus could walk across the water without falling in. I briefly explained about the priesthood and faith, etc. I didn't go into much detail and was only halfway paying attention because I was wrestling Lila at the same time. Haden asked if the priesthood was kind of like the force and before I could answer him, he said in a really loud incredulous whisper, "So Jesus is a Jedi?" I guess whatever makes sense in his mind!

2 comments:

Ryan and GeAnna said...

That's too cute!!! I read your post to Ryan and he laughed out loud and said Haden's statement was " awesome". Star Wars and Batman are becoming very popular at my house. But Caleb hasn't used to force for anything yet :)
PS Zoey should be up and running by the time you visit next :) Ryan finally figured out what was wrong w/ her ( besides her transmission) and will be hopefully fixing her soon :)

Kade and Emily said...

The force is strong with that one.