Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Halloween

This past summer, while in Idaho, Regan and I went with my brother to his friend's quinceanera (a coming of age party for 15 year old Mexican girls). The music was way too loud, but the birthday girl was wearing a bright pink version of a wedding dress. Regan was instantly captivated. When we got home, she told my mom all about the "beautiful princess" and her "fancy dress." My mom used to sew professionally and was very good. She promised Regan that if we would pick out the fabric and the pattern she would make Regan a "quince" dress for Halloween. So, despite what I had planned, she was a princess again for Halloween. Haden was a knight. He hated his costume, but LOVED his sword. After several attacks on Regan, we had to institute a rule that he was only allowed to hit Daddy!

The week of Halloween, Regan's ballet class had a Halloween party where all the ballerinas could wear their Halloween costumes. I think Regan struggled to dance in hers (she had layers of tulle petticoats) but loved wearing it every chance she got. She refused to wear her crown though and produced instead last year's Easter hat.

Clint took the kids trick or treating. I was sick, so I didn't get many pictures. These were post trick or treating. Notice the Starbursts Haden already had in his mouth. The kids had fun and Regan is already talking about what she should dress up as next year!

No comments: