Friday, June 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Regan!


My little girl is 5!! She thinks she is so grown up! She started off the day by applying her make up (given to her by a friend at her birthday party). My sister has been with us for a few days and Regan loves watching her put on make up so she knew just what to do with everything.

Regan requested a Mermaid cake. Since Barbie in A Mermaid Tale has come out, EVERYTHING in our house has been all about mermaids. I haven't really decorated a cake for years, but luckily Regan's standard was not too high! Thankfully, it turned out okay and it was obvious that it was a mermaid!

For dinner she wanted to go to Casa Bonita, but we ran out of time on her birthday and went the following day. For some strange reason, she LOVES going there. Clint and Savannah had to accompany her through the cave several times. Haden is terrified of the cave and absolutely refuses to go in it, so he stayed with me. The kids loved wandering around exploring, watching the puppet show, and opening the pinata. Regan was disappointed that the gorilla didn't make an appearance and threatened my life if I told the mariachi band that it was her birthday! After the pinata is opened, the employee gives the head and body to the kids. Regan was lucky enough to get the body. Apparently, she had to jump up and down saying "Me, me, me" over and over! Hopefully, I can make it disappear soon! She devoured her cotton candy by herself, Haden doesn't like it at all.

Haden had been begging to go home and mow the lawn (one of his new obsessions), and we finally gave in, until he saw this motorcycle. Then he refused to leave. He loves motorcycles and always points them out when he sees them on the road. We let him sit on it for a few minutes while Regan perfected her sidesaddle riding and then hauled him out yelling that he wasn't done yet.

I can't believe my little girl is 5! She is such a sweet little girl and a fabulous helper-we love her so much!

2 comments:

MnM said...

Happy Birthday Regan! She is so cute.

JKLCP said...

Happy Birthday to Regan! Will she go to Red Hawk next year? Where does time go?