Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Regan starts kindergarten!

Regan started kindergarten this year! She has been eagerly anticipating this day for some time now. Every time we drove past the elementary school she would announce that there was her kindergarten. We had so much fun shopping for school supplies and school clothes together in preparation for her big day! Regan is rather opinionated about her wardrobe. I have not been able to pick her outfit out for her for a couple of years now.
She was so funny the night before, carefully selecting just the right ensemble for the first day of school. I tried to put a bow in her her hair, but she refused, saying that she is too old to wear bows anymore?!?
Regan, pretending to be nervous for the first day.

Walking from the car to the school. Haden was also very excited, but I think he really misses Regan very much.
She was lucky enough to have several friends from church in her class. This is her "put the camera away right now mom, you are embarrassing me!" facial expression. Little does she know that she has years to get used to being embarrassed by me! It's my right as her mom, right?
And coming out of school on the first day. Her teacher, Mrs. Appel, is the one in the pink shirt holding the door open. The school bus could drop Regan off right in front of our house. That is, if she agreed to ride the bus. I don't mind, though, I love listening to her talk about her day all the way home. I am so glad that she loves going to kindergarten!

1 comment:

GeAnna said...

Wow, I can't belive she is already old enough to start kindergarden! Thanks again for the marble, the table is made, and we are getting ready to make the chocolates :)