Monday, May 23, 2011

Lila's 1st Race

The Gift of Life and Breath 5K race was this past weekend. I think this is the 4th time that we've done it. (And by we, I mean that Clint runs and pushes one kid in the stroller while I watch the others and cheer him on.) Lila accompanied Clint this year. She was completely happy munching on her pop-tart and smearing it all over her face before she fell asleep. The weather was absolutely beautiful.
Regan was singing along to the music on her pretend microphone while we were waiting for the race to start.
I let Lila scoot around until the last minute so she would last longer in her stroller. She doesn't always cooperate when it comes to riding in her stroller.
This picture made me laugh, everyone looking down, starting the timer on their watches.
And they are off!
Scoop had to come with us. He is our latest garage sale find and Haden has yet to leave home without him.
The race this year had a different route than in years past. I loved having the big, open, grassy field right next to the start/finish line. Regan danced and gathered dandelions for the bouquet she gave to Clint for finishing the race. Haden filled up Scoop's buckets with grass for Clint.
The official results haven't been posted yet, but I think Clint's time was 21:45. Historically, he is the first one with a stroller to cross the finish line. This year, he was second. First place went to a fresh out of BYU kid who ran the whole thing while pushing a stroller in under 18 minutes. Clint found him after the race and recruited him to run on his team for the relay race he does every fall.

We stopped at Bass Pro Shops on the way home for the first time since we have had kids. They were in heaven! They loved playing on all the display boats and 4 wheelers.

1 comment:

Ryan and GeAnna said...

How fun :)Lila is getting so big. I still owe you money for the things you bought for Caleb....sorry I have not paid you yet. I will for sure pay you when you come this way :)