Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Regan's Ensembles


Regan and I typically argue every morning about what she is going to wear to school that day. I have a few rules which she thinks are ridiculous like no digging through the hamper for her favorite shirt, no hiding dirty shirts so she won't have to dig them out of the hamper, and no wearing the same piece of clothing 2 times a week. (The last one is only because she has bunches of clothes that she picked out at the store, swore she would wear, and doesn't.) After 3+ outfit changes in one morning we were running late, and both a little irritated with the other. In an effort to make peace, I suggested that we should pick her outfits for the entire week on Sunday night so we wouldn't be late and we would both be in a good mood in the mornings. Regan LOVED that idea. So last Sunday, Regan and I selected 5 outfits. Alright, she picked them out and I approved them. Her fashion sense is all her own. She had them layed out on her bed and floor-I wish I would have gotten a picture. I assumed that task was done, so I asked her to fold them up, put them on her shelf so they would be ready to go and then come tell me so I could tuck her into bed. She was taking FOREVER. Regan frequently needs to be refocused to the task at hand, so I called to her telling her to hurry so she could go to bed. She came out of her room, with one hand on her hip, clearly exasperated with me and said, "But mom, I am accessorizing my outfits!" Sure enough, each outfit now included flowers for her hair, necklaces, bracelets, scarves, etc. She is only 5. I don't think I want to know what her teenage years will bring!
This was today's "accessorized" outfits. Regan doesn't like to look at the camera and Haden doesn't like to miss an opportunity to have his picture taken.
Lila comes scooting (She doesn't crawl, but scoots across the floor. I have never seen anything like it!) anytime she sees the camera. Regan picks out Lila's outfits, too. At least she has good taste!

No comments: