Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Santa Claus

At breakfast one day last week, Haden, out of the blue asked, "Mom, is Santa real?"  I was surprised!  One, because it is July and no one around here has mentioned Santa for a long time and two, Haden is my complete believer in all things imaginary.  I mean if Yoda is real, is Santa that far of a stretch?  My major complaint about both Santa and the Easter Bunny is that they bring more presents to some kids and not so many to others.  So, I never encouraged my kids to believe in any of those fictitious characters, but I didn't ever really discourage it either.  I just let them believe whatever they wanted.  So I was rather surprised that Haden was questioning Santa's existence.  When I asked him what he meant, he replied in a very sad voice that, "It just doesn't feel good that he's real".  Poor kid, reality really isn't nearly as much fun as his make believe world!

No comments: