Saturday, October 13, 2012

More Camping!

 This camping trip was the third in only four weeks.  We went to the same campground where we popped our tire, but we were driving our new 4 wheel drive with lots more clearance so we didn't have any problems!  My kids love camping with their friends!  Since this was the weekend after Labor Day, the area was deserted.  I thought it was kind of cold, too, but Haden refused to wear a coat. 
Some previous camper left a bunch of 2x10's in the wood pile.  Clint showed the girls how to burn the tip of a stick turning it into something you can write with.  Signs were quickly made establishing two forts, one for the girls and one for the boys.  I think Regan and Lauren turned their fort into a store the following morning, thus requiring an open and closed sign as well.  Those signs just HAD to come home with us!
Such beautiful girls!
 The next morning we went for a hike further up the road.  It was beautiful.  I love living in Colorado!
 
 Next year, we are going to start camping much earlier in the summer and I'm investing in new camping gear for Christmas.  Our poor tent is the one we got years ago when we went backpacking through the Idaho wilderness.  It has been all over the country and very well used, but the poles have seen better days and it really is too small for 5 people, 2 of which don't like to sleep parallel to everyone else!


1 comment:

JKLCP said...

Rachael- I am so impressed how you keep your blog up to date! I thought I would try to get some posts done today with the kids on break. I rarely take time to post my own and read others but I did today. It was fun reading your camping ones! Hopefully I can catch up someday! It was sure fun with you guys!
Kim