Thursday, May 7, 2009

BYU Graduation



My sister graduated from BYU a couple of weeks ago, so Regan, Haden, and I flew to Utah to watch the very long program. (The business school has way too many graduates!) It was my first time flying with two kids by myself. I was rather nervous, but it went okay. Haden spent most of the flight back with the flight attendants. They absolutely loved him, and he loved the attention. Regan was very nervous, especially when we hit turbulence. She insisted that she did not like the bumpy clouds! Thankfully, we arrived without any problems. While in Salt Lake City we toured the conference center and visited Temple Square; the flowers are too beautiful to pass up this time of year! Regan loved all of the flowers and posing for pictures by the temple, while Haden preferred to play in the dirt. We stayed with my brother and his family in Provo. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. BYU's art museum had a Walter Wick exhibit that was fascinating. It was amazing to look at the pictures and try to figure them out. The graduation speakers all did a good job, from what I could hear as I chased Haden around outside, and Savannah didn't trip as she walked across the stage! (Most of Regan's pictures involve some type of ballet pose--apparently she was getting ready for her recital...) It was fun to see everyone, but it was also fun to come home!

No comments: