Friday, May 22, 2009

The Gift of Life & Breath

Last weekend was Regan's first official 5k race! Originally, Clint, Savannah, & I were all going to run, but Clint is rather competitive and decided he didn't want to push the double stroller because he might accidentally run someone over. So, I walked with Regan and Clint pushed Haden in the single stroller. She did very well! We ran for the first 5 minutes and then the novelty wore off. Somewhere around half way she insisted that she was tired and was walking so slowly that we would have been there all day, so she rode on my back until Clint finished the race, retraced the route, found us and took over. It was also Savannah's first official race and she was pleased with her time, considering she hasn't been running much for the last couple of months. I am not nearly as competitive as either Clint or Savannah, so I was perfectly happy to walk with Regan! (Notice the huge bruise on Haden's forehead...)

No comments: