Thursday, January 6, 2011

Haden's in Preschool!

I can't believe that Haden is old enough for preschool! He has been so excited and has told many people that he is starting preschool in January. He's at Trailswest, the same preschool that Regan went to, although he has a different teacher. The day before he started, we went to the school to meet his teachers and see the classroom. He has 4 teachers in the classroom every day and only 10 kids in class. They were wonderful with him! I was a little apprehensive that he wouldn't willingly stay, but when I kissed him goodbye he was already playing trucks with another little boy and complained that the little boy was not sharing all the lego men! His teachers gave him a wonderful report, saying that he did well during group time, transitioned well, played well with others, and participated appropriately. They were also impressed with his imaginative play skills. I know he is going to have a wonderful experience, and I have to admit, I really enjoy my hour and a half with only Lila!Haden insisted on wearing his Santa hat to keep his head warm. He was annoyed that my sister still had Christmas decorations up on New Year's Eve, but apparently it is okay to wear a Santa hat in January!Regan has been just as excited for Haden to start preschool. Her kindergarten teacher told me how Regan has told her all about how Haden is in preschool at the same time she is in kindergarten and she wonders what he is doing! I love that my kids love each other so much!
Walking from the car to the school.
Washing his hands with his teacher.

Playing with the trucks. There was too much going on for him to look at the camera!
And my handsome little guy, still smiling, after his first day!

No comments: