Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pajama day

Haden's preschool had a pajama day where Lila and I got to go to school with him. That morning he absolutely refused to wear his pajamas. He told me that you were not supposed to go anywhere if you were wearing your pajamas. None of my cajoling worked. He was adamant. So, I packed his really cute pirate pajamas in his backpack just in case he changed his mind when he saw that he was the only one in jeans. He didn't.
We had Teddy Grahams and hot chocolate, sang songs (Haden still sings about the penguins who "waddle, waddle, side to side") read a book that the kids made, and created a bird feeder out of pine cones, frosting, and bird seed. It was fun to watch Haden interact in a new environment. His teachers still praise his behavior and tell me that he is "a pleasant, young man." He is growing up so quickly!

1 comment:

jdw said...

My kids are eager to wear their pajamas anywhere they can. Just the other day I went to the store for .. well, I've forgotten for what, but Veta had just gotten home from school and wanted to go. After I told her yes, she dashed to her room and emerged in her bum-around clothes, you know, the kind Regan would be mortified to be seen in public with. And then we went shopping!