Thursday, January 6, 2011

Idaho, Round 2

We left for Idaho, again, 2 days after Christmas. The roads were fine and the kids were good. Haden kept asking to move to Idaho so he could ride the 4 wheeler "all the long day!" We spent a day in Pocatello so Regan could deliver presents to her cousins and my siblings. She has so much fun picking out gifts for everyone!

We went snowshoeing with Clint's dad and sister. Clint got snowshoes for Christmas this year and he gave me a pair last year. (I was barely surviving last year-there was no way I was up for snowshoeing, and by the time I had recovered, the snow was gone.) We took the kids with us. I had Lila in my sling and Clint pulled Regan and sleeping Haden in a sled. My kids never get enough sleep while we are on vacation and will usually fall asleep after a few minutes in the car. Haden was out within the first 5 minutes of the 10 minute ride. Clint moved him into the sled where he stayed, snoring, until we got back to the car. He woke up, asked where we were and what we were doing. Clint told him that we had been snowshoeing. Haden smiled and said that he really like snowshoeing, it was super fun!
The wind picked up on the way back down and it was all I could do to keep Lila warm! She eventually fell asleep snuggled inside my coat.
New Year's Eve, Clint's family had a party where the grown ups played Hokey 6. It's a variation of Nertz that his family plays at every gathering. Clint and I won! Thanks to Clint's dad for taking care of Lila for us!Then we headed south to Salt Lake City so we could show the kids the lights at Temple Square. Regan surprisingly remembered temple square from our last visit, nearly 2 years ago. The beautiful springtime flowers are hard to forget! My sister, Savannah, and her friend drove up from Provo to meet us. It was snowing and very cold so we didn't wander around outside for very long, but it was still fun.
Regan thinks Savannah should marry this boy because then she could be the flower girl. (Junie B. Jones taught her about flower girls.) She already has the dress picked out and has been begging us to buy it for her. I have explained several times that, although we really liked this boy, Savannah may not marry him and even if she does, Savannah gets to pick Regan's flower girl dress. Regan does not at all like that idea!

We were grateful to arrive home safely and swear we are not making that trip again, even to ride the 4 wheeler, for a very long time!

No comments: