Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My first race


In preparation for the Bolder Boulder, which I will hopefully be running this year, I ran in the "Love 'Em or Leave 'Em" 5K Race on Valentine's Day weekend. It was the first race I have ever run. I think it was killing Clint to be on the sidelines with the kids watching me instead of running himself! I had been having issues with low-iron so I was struggling at the end of the race and immediately after, but we still all had fun. There was a pancake breakfast and a fun run afterward. The kids had a lot of fun running with their friends!
Regan running. She was talking smack to her friend about how she was going to run faster, but then didn't. Regan said she just ran out of energy and Brooklyn was just too fast! I'm afraid she inherited her father's competitiveness!
Haden running.
At the finish line.

The kids had so much fun earning their medals and water bottles!

No comments: