Friday, March 2, 2012

The Cheesecake Factory

Regan has wanted to have an "American Girl" themed 7th birthday party ever since she got Kanani at the end of last summer. Most of her friends also have American Girl dolls. However, many of her friends have since moved away. So, before Naomi and her sisters left, Regan wanted to do a girls' lunch. We met them at The Cheesecake Factory. There were 2 moms, 5 girls, 4 dolls, and Haden with his dog, Sparky. The waiter asked if all these kids were ours! I guess grouped together it all seemed a little more overwhelming.
Lila insists on feeding herself these days. She did a very good job spooning her macaroni & cheese into her mouth.
She also prefers to clean herself up. She was so well behaved! Well, that is, until she got mad about something and sent her dish with some remaining cheesecake on it crashing into the wall and onto the floor. The waiter was wonderful, though, and insisted he had seen far worse messes. I still left a generous tip. I wonder why we don't take her to nice restaurants on a regular basis?
Haden didn't care for the bread, but licked all the butter off. Some things never change. He initially insisted that he liked my macaroni and cheese better and refused to eat his. When I explained that the sauce was only butter, cream, and cheese he started eating and asked me if I would start making this kind instead. Little stinker. I think I'll stick with Kraft!

After we said goodbye to our friends, we wandered around the mall. All three kids found things they couldn't live without. It was a fun day!

No comments: