Sunday, March 2, 2014

Halloween 2013

My kids rarely agree to dress up in costumes we already have, so we always have to buy more.  So, I like to get as much mileage out of them as I can.  Haden wanted to be Jengo Fett who, I learned, is completely different from Boba Fett.  He dressed up as Boba Fett last year and insisted on a completely new costume so he could be Jengo this year.  As far as I could tell, the only difference was one is green and one is blue, but I am hardly a Star Wars expert.  Whatever.  Haden was happy.  Lila wanted to be a princess.  I had a variety of dresses for her to pick from, but instead borrowed a beautiful Cinderella dress.  She was the most adorable Cinderella I have ever seen!  Regan went back and forth over costumes and finally settled on an Indian princess, I mean, Native American princess.  There are so many kids who go to school with my kids who are actually from India that it makes the term "Indian" a little confusing.  Either way, she was super cute!
 
We hit the school's trunk or treat.  Regan didn't want to go and went shopping with Clint instead.  I was not surprised that she wanted to go shopping, but they went to REI.  Hardly Regan's kind of store, but she was the one who asked to go there.  Clint was thrilled he got to skip the event and go to his favorite store.
 They have an awesome principal.  Last year he dressed up as a Jedi.  Haden has liked him ever since!
 
 We had friends over and carved pumpkins.  I took pictures and everyone else carved.  I don't like touching all those gooey insides!
 
 
 
 After we took the picture, Haden used up every single toothpick in the house decorating his pumpkin.  He loved it!  And we got all sorts of comments from everyone who came over and saw it!
 I was in charge of the Trunk or Treat at church.  That day started off rainy and later turned to snow forcing us to move our outside event indoors.  It was still fun!  Haden got his donut.
 Lila did, too.  But she didn't mess around following the rules.
 Lila and Olivia have become such good friends!  It was only coincidence that they both dressed up as Cinderella!  It was a fun night!  Between all three events, the kids got a ridiculous amount of candy.  Luckily, you can donate candy to our dentist and she sends it overseas to the soldiers.  Better they get the cavities than my kids!! 
 

 

No comments: