Saturday, June 18, 2011

Regan is 6!


Little Regan turned 6 this week! I guess that means she's not quite so little anymore. Clint had to leave for work before the kids were up, so Regan had to wait until he got home to open her presents. I think Haden was having the hardest time waiting. We always get him a present on Regan's birthday, too. Regan loved her earrings, both sticker and clip-on, (I wanted her to just get her ears pierced, but she is too chicken.) jewelry box, posters of Taylor Swift, make-up, piano books, and Camelbak. Haden LOVED his Camelbak. I think he is now the most hydrated 3 year old ever! Regan kept saying that it was "the best day ever!"

Regan is definitely a teenager in a 6 year old body. She thoroughly enjoys clothes and accessorizing. She does a good job, too! Her friends are very important to her. She loves all things Taylor Swift. She likes to watch her music videos and tell me which of Taylor's dresses she wants as a prom dress. I keep reminding her that she still has 10 years! Regan enjoys ballet and is still unaffected by peer pressure. She is a wonderful helper around the house and a devoted babysitter for Lila. She is Haden's favorite playmate. Regan thoroughly enjoys school and loves reading. I have yet to talk her out of her absolute fear of the wind, but she does her best to be brave if there is no alternative. I always have fun shopping with her. She will do just about anything to stay up late and hang out with me. She will sneak down the stairs, observe what I am doing, usually folding laundry, and say, "Mom, if you let me help and we work together, we'll get the job done faster." I love her so much! I am so lucky to be her mom! I hope I am up to the challenge her teenage years are going to bring!

1 comment:

jdw said...

She looks like you a lot in that picture.