Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy Birthday, Haden!!

My sweet little guy turned 5 this past December.  We had a Star Wars themed birthday party.  I don't think anyone was surprised!  This kid has loved Star Wars for a long time now!  We started out coloring pictures while we waited for everyone to arrive.
 
 Then Clint held a Jedi training academy.  Each Padawan got a robe and a noodle light saber.  They learned all sorts of moves!
 Darth Vader came and tried to steal the presents!  Luckily, all the Padawans were well trained and fought him off!
 Then Yoda had each Padawan go through an obstacle course.
 The Darth Vader piñata was quickly demolished, using only noodle light sabers.  Those kids were tough!
 Somehow, with all the craziness, I didn't get a picture of Haden blowing out his candles.  (They were, of course, Star Wars themed!)  We gave him a bike for his actual birthday.  He had learned to ride one of Regan's old "girly" bikes a couple months before and wanted a real racing bike.  Since the weather was not fabulous, we did push all the furniture back and created a race course in the house.  Haden quickly learned to make skid marks and my kitchen floor was soon covered in marks!  He loved it, the little stinker!  We had plans to replace all the flooring downstairs, so I really didn't care. Regan and Lila also rode their bikes (tricycles) around and around.  It only got dangerous when someone decided to go the wrong direction!   
I love my sweet, little Haden!  He is and will always be a mama's boy.  He is the always the first to come to my rescue.  (One time during moth season I was digging around in the basement looking for something.  I disturbed a bunch of moths who had found their way down there.  I screamed in surprise and Haden came racing downstairs wearing his helmet and clutching his light saber to save me.)  He is very helpful around the house and has a crazy active imagination.  He is very protective of both of his sisters.  Haden recently requested to begin piano lessons. I was a little skeptical because he was young.  He is doing great and loves it!  I can't imagine life without him!

No comments: