Wednesday, July 10, 2013

San Diego

We started the next day at the San Diego temple.  It is beautiful!  Some day my kids will be old enough that I can leave them somewhere and actually go inside all the beautiful temples we visit!
 As it is, I am grateful for eternal families.  There's no one else I want to spend eternity with!
 
 Next we went to the Mormon Battalion visitor's center.  I wasn't expecting much, and was thoroughly surprised!  It was awesome, and the kids loved it!  There was gold panning,
 brick making,
 pumping water,
 and washing clothes activities available.  When we gave the five minute warning, no one wanted to leave!  Definitely another place we'll go back to next time we are in the area.
 We finished up the day at the beach.  It was cold!!  But it didn't stop the kids from getting in the water.  Nothing much has ever stopped Regan from getting in the water!
 I love this picture.  Little Lila had just had enough!  If she is going to be in the water, she insists that she wear her swimsuit.  Once we changed her, she was much happier!
 
 No matter where we go or what the temperature is, Haden builds sand castles.  He doesn't really care to go in the water.  As long as he has his bucket and shovel, he's happy.
When everyone was sufficiently cold and tired of the beach, we loaded them up and headed to Anaheim.  I think all three of my kids were out before we hit the freeway.

No comments: